Why should you attend?
OHSAS 18001 Lead Implementer training enables you to develop the necessary expertise to support an organization in establishing, implementing, managing and maintaining an Occupational Health and Safety Management System (OHSMS) based on OHSAS 18001. During this training course, you will also gain a thorough understanding of the best practices of Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems and be able to apply them in an organization to ensure the well-being of employees by providing a safe and healthy working environment.
After mastering all the necessary concepts of Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems, you can sit for the exam and apply for a “PECB Certified OHSAS 18001 Lead Implementer” credential. By holding a PECB Lead Implementer Certificate, you will be able to demonstrate that you have the practical knowledge and professional capabilities to implement OHSAS 18001 in an organization.
- Managers or consultants involved in Occupational Health and Safety Management
- Expert advisors seeking to master the implementation of an Occupational Health and Safety Management System
- Individuals responsible for maintaining conformance with OHSMS requirements
- OHSMS team members
- Acknowledge the correlation between OHSAS 18001, OHSAS 18002 and other standards and regulatory frameworks
- Master the concepts, approaches, methods and techniques used for the implementation and effective management of an OHSMS
- Learn how to interpret the OHSAS 18001 requirements in the specific context of an organization
- Learn how to support an organization to effectively plan, implement, manage, monitor and maintain an OHSMS
- Acquire the expertise to advise an organization in implementing Occupational Health and Safety Management System best practices
- This training is based on both theory and best practices used in the implementation of an OHSMS
- Lecture sessions are illustrated with examples based on case studies
- Practical exercises are based on a case study which includes role playing and discussions
- Practice test similar to the Certification Exam
The “PECB Certified OHSAS 18001 Lead Implementer” exam fully meets the requirements of the PECB Examination and Certification Programme (ECP). The exam covers the following competency domains:
- Domain 1: Fundamental principles and concepts of an Occupational Health and Safety Management System (OHSMS)
- Domain 2: Occupational Health and Safety Management System (OHSMS)
- Domain 3: Planning an OHSMS implementation based on OHSAS 18001
- Domain 4: Implementing an OHSMS based on OHSAS 18001
- Domain 5: Performance evaluation, monitoring and measurement of an OHSMS based on OHSAS 18001
- Domain 6: Continual improvement of an OHSMS based on OHSAS 18001
- Domain 7: Preparing for an OHSMS certification audit