Why should you attend?
OHSAS 18001 Foundation training enables you to learn the basic elements to implement and manage an Occupational Health and Safety Management System (OHSMS) as specified in OHSAS 18001. During this training course, you will be able to understand the different modules of an OHSMS, including OHSMS policy, procedures, performance measurements, management commitment, internal audit, management review and continual improvement.
After completing this course, you can sit for the exam and apply for a “PECB Certified OHSAS 18001 Foundation” credential. A PECB Foundation Certificate shows that you have understood the fundamental methodologies, requirements, framework and management approach.
- Individuals involved or concerned with Occupational Health and Safety Management
- Individuals seeking to gain knowledge about the main processes of Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems (OHSMS)I
- Individuals interested to pursue a career in Occupational Health and Safety Management
- Understand the elements and operations of an Occupational Health and Safety Management System and its principal processes
- Acknowledge the correlation between OHSAS 18001 and other standards and regulatory frameworks
- Understand the approaches, methods and techniques used for the implementation and management of an OHSMS
- Lecture sessions are illustrated with examples based on case studies
- Practical exercises are based on the material which includes role playing and discussions
- Practice tests are similar to the Certification Exam
The “PECB Certified OHSAS 18001 Foundation” exam fully meets the requirements of the PECB Examination and Certification Programme (ECP). The exam covers the following competency domains:
- Domain 1: Fundamental principles and concepts of an Occupational Health and Safety Management System (OHSMS)
- Domain 2: Occupational Health and Safety Management System (OHSMS)